Thursday, March 29, 2012

Limestone Brewing Company

It saddens me to be writing that Limestone Brewing Co left Plainfield, Illinois for Aurora. I read about it here. It sounds like there were a lot of factors that contributed to the move. mainly the fact that they were forced out of their current location. While this news upsets me, I can't exactly blame the owners. I will continue to visit the brewery, it will just be a much longer ride. The beer is worth it though.

The reason I've decided to write on this story though is because the area I live in in Illinois is now without a solid local craft brewery. I think one of the great things about craft beer culture is taking pride in your local brewery and repping local beers. I have to say that Limestone moving to Aurora has kind of left a hole in my heart because now when I want to go get a quick growler fill I won't know what to do. I'll feel like a little kid separated from his parents in the supermarket, lost and alone.

That being said I wish Limestone all the best at their new location. The area they're moving to is a very busy locale, so I'm sure it'll be a great move for both business and getting the Limestone name out there. From the tone of the article above, it sounds like the new establishment is going to be a very nice place to visit this summer. I just hope someone in the Joliet area gets the ball rolling on opening something local that I can frequent on dry nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment