Tuesday, April 10, 2012

It's Been A Very Long 40 Days, But I'm Back Into The Swing of Things Now

LENT IS OVER! I have a lot to write about, so I don't really know where to begin. I'm going to save my post on my recent beer related adventure for tomorrow. Today I just wanted to hit on a few things that I'm excited about regarding beer.

First off on my list is last night's announcement VIA Twitter regarding Lagunitas' plans to open a brewery in Chicago. The formal article from the Chicago Tribune can be found here. I was very very excited last night when I read this, not only because I love Lagunitas beer, but because I think this will do big things for a city that already has a booming and thriving craft beer scene. Even though I'm new to the whole beer blogging thing, I've been enjoying craft beer for a long time and I think this will have nothing but a positive effect on the city as a whole. Chicago receives enough attention from the craft beer scene as is, but I think this will make our great city stick out even more. I can't wait to follow this story as it develops more throughout the next year and a half. I'm also very excited about the thought of insanely fresh Lagunitas beer just a stones throw away from my house. This can't happen fast enough in my eyes.


Anybody that follows my twitter probably already knows that I will be attending my first Dark Lord Day this year. I got the tickets in the mail today, and that got me even more excited for this event. I will obviously have a full post devoted to this epic event after April 28, but I figured it would be nice to share with anyone who didn't know that I got tickets and can't wait to go.


Last but not least, I did remain productive during my fast from beer. I took the money that I would've spent drinking and put it into upgrading my home brew system. I made a new all grain mash tun that I should be putting to use Saturday. I'm thinking of brewing a six gallon batch of brown ale. I also want to start experimenting with sour beers, so I hope to take a gallon of the brown ale and play around with that. I also would like to start doing more posts related to home brewing. I'm no expert by any means, but I think it would be fun to share some of my successes and failures and I experience them. I hope to have a very productive summer in regards to honing my brewing technique. I'm excited to say the least.

I know this was a pretty boring post, but I had a lot I wanted to hit on before I got back into the swing of things with beer reviews, brewery adventures, and home brewing mishaps. I look forward to keeping up with the blog from here on out and I hope my posts from here on out prove to be at the very least a little entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment