Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dark Lord Day 2012

I'm sure by now anyone who knows even a little bit about the craft beer world has heard the most recent Dark Lord Day news. Tickets go on sale March 17. They're 15 bucks and the limit is two per person. The link is here. I know I'll be furiously re-clicking refresh that afternoon hoping and praying for tickets to an event I still haven't been lucky enough to attend.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Dark Lord Day, it is an event held once a year at the Three Floyds Brewery in Munster, Indiana. The event is held as a sort of release party for Three Floyd's Dark Lord Imperial Stout. I have yet to attend this event or try this beer, so I can't tell you a whole lot about it from a first hand perspective. All I can say is that the event is supposed to be a blast and the beer is supposed to be amazing (Google it). They also release some special versions like a barrel aged variety among others. I think it will be interesting to see what this year's even brings. Every year for the past 3 years I have tried and failed to either get tickets to the event or procure a bottle for tasting. This year I will prevail!

I wish everyone best of luck in getting tickets and their bottles of Dark Lord this year. This will definitely make or break my St. Patrick's day (at least until I drown myself in Michael Collins and Boulevard Irish Ale.) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment