Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Beer Geekiness Taken To The Next Level

Since I traveled to Belgium in '09 I have taken to keeping pretty detailed notes about the beers I drink, and the establishments I drink said beers in. I've used small notebooks, random sheets of paper, and most recently I've taken to just using the notepad app on my iPhone.

A friend of mine posted this to my Facebook wall the other day. Moleskine has done it again. I haven't been a big user of their notebooks, mainly because of the price, but the idea of a journal made specifically for tasting notes, homebrew recipes, etc. was really appealing to me. Anyone that has seen my current homebrew recipe book would tell you this product was made just for me. I'm sure a lot of people will say "why don't you just use a regular notebook blah blah blah" but the fact of the matter is I'm a very disorganized person. When I come to write my tasting reviews I have to spend an extra 10 minutes just deciphering whatever I wrote while I was tasting. I went ahead and ordered one of these notebooks just to give the format a go around. Who knows? Maybe I'll end up hating it and go back to my discombobulated ways but I figured I'd give it a try.

Even if you yourself haven't entered the realm of beer geekdom where you take tasting notes in public, at home, or where ever else you drink, this notebook could make a thoughtful gift for the beer nerd(s) in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment